• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

MAV2757AWW Maytag washer will not attain adequate spin speed

kathtrn

Premium Member
Model Number
MAV2757AWW
Brand
Maytag
2006 top load Maytag Enigma washes clothes beautifully. It does not attain adequate spin speed to wring out clothes on any cycle.
I have replaced the belt (not a direct drive unit) I have checked if clothes are in between the tub liner or in pump. I have cleaned
the drain hose, checked the fill hoses. The machine is level.
The thing I am having trouble with is replacing the thrust bearing kit according to the instructions-namely the thinnest spacer
will not fit under the Clip. I heard Jake say how important that is. I'll try again. (I left it off) The transmission spins & lands between the
landmarks. I would appreciate the explanation and function.
I noticed basket starts to spin as pump starts draining. The clothes slosh around but eventually stick to the sides. I can visualize
the spin is not fast enough. I wonder what part controls the speed of the spin.
Thank you.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

First, Check the motor pivot spring, there is a white plastic slide foot mounted on the motor, that pivots with the direction the motor turns, if that slide foot pad is dry or dirty, it won't pivot correctly with a load in it, causing a no slow or no drain issue and a slow/no spin issue.

#5 is the pivot spring, #23 is the motor pivot slide foot: Parts for Maytag MAV2757AWW: Base & Motor Parts

The pivot spring puts tension on the motor mount clutch.

I have seen that motor pivot spring plate get dirty and dry and cause that pivot plate not to make a smooth pivot transaction when the motor reverses to agitate or spin.

Try to lubricate that motor pivot plate when a compound like Sil-glyde lubricant, you can order or get at any appliance parts store in your area.

Here's the pivot spring for your model you can order if needed:
WP22004376 Motor Spring

Watch this video to access/replace it:

Jake

kathtrn

Premium Member
Jake. Thank you so much for responding. I see the pivot spring & it is wobbly; I will replace it.

Please talk more about #23 the motor pivot slide foot mounted on the motor. I want to clean & lubricate it. Please help me
locate it. I see it on your diagram & it appears to be a plastic screw head but where?
You also mention the motor pivot spring plate but I don't know where to look for it on the motor.
Please help me further with a video or picture of it being cleaned. Or just touch the place I should be looking.
Thank you.

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The video is in post #2, do you not see it? I clearly see it.

Jake

kathtrn

Premium Member
Yes, Jake I see it.

I noticed a thread WillyJay59 Dec 2019 said his transmission was agitating during the spin cycle.
Washes well, water drains but spins too slow. Mine does that.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
So yours agitates and spins at the same time too?

If so, then your transmission is bad as well.

Here's the transmission for your model:
35-6615 Ht Trans S

Jake