MAV7600AWW Maytag Atlantis Washer problems.

hotrodjohn

Model Number
MAV7600AWW
Brand
Maytag
I have an early 2000's Atlantis washer which has worked well since new. The other day the motor started smoking as if it was strained by the pump or transmission. All pulleys felt had free smooth movement so I thought the motor was bad. However, the drum would not always spin when I turned the pulley counterclockwise. The cam would look as if it pushing the brake release up but the pulley would just turn with no movement of the drum. I replaced the thrust bearing and now the drum turns easily once the cam releases the brake. Now when I run it fills normally, then it agitates, then goes into a slow spin with water still in the tub. At the spin cycle it will spin fast as it should and drain. I looked at the cycle chart in the manual and doesn't show any slow spin cycle so I cant figure out whats its doing I'm also not hearing the spray during the spin which it seemed like it used to do. Any ideas?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Here's the parts diagram for your model:

Spin with spray only happens on Colors and SuperWash Colors on Fast Speed.

Slow Spin is only for the Delicates Cycle.

When these washers drain in ANY cycle it WILL slow spin WHILE its draining, then after all the water is gone it goes into fast spin.

Time how long it takes to drain ALL the water out, normal would be less than 90 seconds.

Jake