• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

MAVT634AWW Maytag Atlantis Washing Machine Spins Slow

Russ Rutherford

Premium Member
Model Number
MAVT634AWW
Brand
Maytag
I have been doing some online reading about my problem. There seemed to be a lot of talk about the motor not pivoting, therefore, not tightening the belt to enable the tub to spin faster. I took the front off of my machine and engaged the spin cycle to see if the motor would pivot. It did, but it pivoted towards the tub, slowing down the machine. Is it stuck on the delicate cycle?

Added model number

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Russ,

We need the model number of your washer first.

Click here: Appliance Parts

Then you will see a link that says: How to find a model number.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks,

When it pivots to agitate does it move freely?

Yes, I tell people--->Check the motor pivot spring, there is a white plastic slide foot mounted on the motor, that pivots with the direction the motor turns, if that slide foot pad is dry or dirty, it won't pivot correctly with a load in it, causing a no slow or no drain issue and a slow/no spin issue.

The pivot spring puts tension on the motor mount clutch.

I have seen that motor pivot spring plate get dirty and dry and cause that pivot plate not to make a smooth pivot transaction when the motor reverses to agitate or spin.

Try to lubricate that motor pivot plate when a compound like Sil-glyde lubricant, you can order or get at any appliance parts store in your area.

Here's the pivot spring for your model:
WP22004376 Motor Spring

Jake

Russ Rutherford

Premium Member
Motor seems to pivot, and agitates freely. I noticed it spins fine when empty, so will try the grease. I have auto bearing grease, will that work? Also, my main concern is that when it is full, and begins to pick up speed, the motor will pivot, but toward the tub, intentionally slowing it down, like it is in the delicate cycle.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I have auto bearing grease, will that work?
Yes, it should.

Also, my main concern is that when it is full, and begins to pick up speed, the motor will pivot, but toward the tub, intentionally slowing it down, like it is in the delicate cycle.
You may need a new belt then.

Here's the belt for your model:
WP22003483 Washer Drive Belt

Jake