• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Maytag Altlantis MAV7650AWW - wet clothes

the_mann

Premium Member
I have a Maytag Atlantis washer and after the spin cycle the clothes are not completly wrung dry. Changing the belt provided a slight improvement, however, I can still wring water out of the clothes.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Time how long it takes for the water to drain out, should take 90 secs. or less, if it takes longer, then it sounds like you may have possibly a clog where the water exits out into your house plumbing drain pipe.

Possibly the thrust bearing is bad if its draining ok then.

Thrust Bearing Kit
Part#12002213

Also check the pivot spring and motor pivot plate.

The pivot spring puts tension on the motor mount clutch, so when the motor reverses for the spin & drain cycle, its turns the water pump pulley fast enough for a steady 60-90 sec. drain.

I have seen that motor pivot spring plate get dirty and dry and cause that pivot plate not to make a smooth pivot transaction when the motor reverses.

Try to lubricate that motor pivot plate when a compound like Sil-glyde lubricant, you can order or get at any appliance parts store in your area.

Jake

the_mann

Premium Member
I have replaced the thurst bearing, lubed all pivot points on the motor, installed a new belt, have timed the drain of the tub and it is under 90 sec. I still have the problem, wet clothes after the spin and a small amount of water seeps back into at tub after the spin cycle ends.

Do you have any additional items I can check?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thats about it, so on yours you would need a new transmission assembly.

How old is your Maytag?

You have a 10 year warranty on the transmission, just for the part, not labor.

Jake