• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Maytag Bravos HE Dryer not shutting off

Jordan9215

Premium Member
Model Number
MEDX500BW0
Brand
Maytag
Hello,

I have a Maytag Bravos HE dryer that won't shut off. (model number is pictured below.) When it's on sensor dry the dial does not move. When it's on timed dry the dial does move but won't shut off. I found the thread below and was hoping mine would be a similar issue.

Part two of the issue is I cannot seem to find parts for my dryer. Everything I find is for a different model number. So any help with that is very much appreciated.

FIXED Maytag dryer won't shut off: timer or cycling thermostat?

Attachments

• Dryer.jpg
    Dryer.jpg
    330.7 KB · Views: 525

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Jordan9215

Premium Member
Thanks for the reply. I tried what you recommended above. On auto dry the timer did not move. On timed dry the timer moved like normal and stopped. Do you have any suggestions?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, that helps.

Did you notice any heat at all in the drum when it was in the NO HEAT/AIR FLUFF cycle in either auto-dry OR timed dry? I just want to make sure your heating element isn't grounded, which would cause heat in the NO HEAT/AIR FLUFF cycle.

If you felt no heat in the NO HEAT/AIR FLUFF cycle,

AND

If your absolutely sure your vent is clear and lots of air is blowing outside good, then its likely your control board that's bad, which causes the timer not to advance in auto-dry.

To get in your console, unplug your dryer first, and watch the video below.

You can order the board here:
Control Board WPW10476828

Jake