• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Maytag Bravos MVWX655DW0 Diagnostic codes interpretation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecrews06

Premium Member
Model Number
MVWX655DW0
Brand
Maytag
Will the fault codes tell you what needs to be replaced?! i have done the steps above and i can tell there is a green LED light on the back of the panel. I am about to leave the house and dont have time to really get back there and view it. Will it pin point what may need to be replaced, ex: Led lock or Shift Actuator?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Ecrews06

Premium Member
I read on a different post how to put the washer into diagnostic mode, however i cannot find a chart that will tell you what the diagnostic codes are. I have attached pictures below and a chart of the display order, i just need to know how to interpret them.

20160911_165752[1].jpg 20160911_165723.jpg]
Display 1
Sensing Wash Rinse Spin Done Lid Lock
Se X
. Sp X D X

20160911_165743.jpg 20160911_165744.jpg
Display 2
Se X R X Sp X D X
R X Sp X D X

20160911_165752[1].jpg
Display 3
S X

20160911_165752[1].jpg
Display 4
S X

Last edited:

Ecrews06

Premium Member
Yea, i have the same make. I read the post wrong. I was able to see the LED indicator on the back showing the panel had power. I was able to actually sit down and read the instructions . I put the washer in diagnostic mode, it looks like it pulled in 2 or 4 codes, im not sure because the last 2 were the same thing. I opened up a new thread under
Maytag Bravos MVWX655DW0 Diagnostic codes interpretation., i didnt want to hijack this one.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
What kind of problem are you having with the machine? I'm not following your code under the picture sets but the second set of pictures (if checking error codes) is the important one, "Motor is unable to reach the target RPM".

Are you in error codes? Snapshot_8.jpg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ecrews06: Thanks for starting that new thread on yours!

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I agree with Rick,

F7E7 - Motor Unable to Reach Target RPM (Test Drive System Motor)

I located another thread with a similar model to your Maytag with the exact same error code and it was the shift actuator that was the problem: FIXED Maytag Bravos not spinning

Read and do what I mention in post#4 and report back.

Here's the shift actuator for your model you can order if needed:
Shift Actuator W10913953

[video=youtube_share;uItMcJ1zLXU]

Jake

Ecrews06

Premium Member
From how i understand the chart on Maytag Bravos MCT blinking lid locked think i have come up with and also makes sense in my situation.
F0 E5 - Unbalanced load
F7 E7 - Motor is unable to reach target RPM

The washer will run and at times i can do a small load with no problems, but often times it is off balance(8 out of 10 Loads.) I will move stuff around and it does not help. The basket is trying to bounce out of the washer cover.

I think i cleared the codes (not sure how i cleared them) because now when i run the diagnostic test, it doesn't show any codes. Do you clear them by holding the start button for 3 seconds?

I did 2 loads between last night and this morning and i have had no issues. If the shift actuator affects balancing the loads, i think that could be the issue since that seems to be a super common faulty part on this machine.

rickgburton

Staff member
I moved the other posts over here so everything is in one spot. Makes it easier on us old guys.....lol

Ecrews06

Premium Member
It seems to wash normal loads ok. The washer goes crazy when im doing towels (about 5 towels in the load), there seems to be no way to balance it for washing towels. I am currently trying to wash them on deep water wash as in the manual it says it has no spin.

Would this still seem to be an actuator issue if the machine can't balance a load of towels?

Ecrews06

Premium Member
I just did a load of regular cloths, regular size with 1 towel and it went crazy again. i took the towel out and the load seemed to finish OK. When it started to spin at it's fastest point, it seemed ever 4 seconds it would start to go off balance but then re-balance itself.

Here is a video of a normal clothes load during the high spin cycle, at about 8 seconds i try to show the outer part of the tub.

Ill post a video of towels that go off balance in a little while when i can run another load.

I also noticed the center piece in the middle of the basket, the agitator i guess?! It did not seem to be even. When i would manually spin it, the gap between the agitator and the basket was not symmetrical and when i reach down to feel it, it seemed higher on one side than the other. Is that an issue or is that normal?

Last edited:

JRC1

Premium Member
Folks, really need some help with my 2 year owned Maytag MVWX655DW0. Just stop working last week while washing with water and clothing in it. My wife was able to empty the basket. We have unplugged the machine and re-plugged, and the sensing button continues to blink, the door latch does not lock and when you push the start/pause button it causes a slight humming noise- nothing else! I attempted to do diagnose, however it seems I may not know how to do so, I also tried to follow the history of this forum but didn't help, can someone also explain the diagnose step process in detail so I may obtain a code. Any other detail comments for the repair will be greatly appreciated. Thanks J

rickgburton

Staff member
The diagnostic routine and error codes are on the tech sheet located behind the front panel.
Snapshot_2.jpg

To access it turn off the water supply and tape the lid down. Remove the top screws only in the two hinges and remove the wire harness cover.
Snapshot_1.jpg

Slide the top forward about 1/2" then lift the top about 1/4" and while lifting slide it back about 1/4". You can now lean the top back against the wall and access the tech sheet
Snapshot_3.jpgSnapshot_4.jpg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Status
Not open for further replies.