FIXED Maytag bravos washer error code ld

Shoe0402

Premium Member
Model Number
NEED
Brand
Maytag
Hi everyone my washer the other day was finishing up rinse cycle and it got an ld error code. The old I did before our daughter must have thrown a diaper in and it exploded I sucked the inside out of the tub with a shop vac but thinking maybe something got inside the pump? I unplugged it for 5 min and plugged it back in and I hear I’m assuming the pump humming but nothing else happens then after a few minutes it shuts off then it comes up with the code. After I power it off it still bums for a little bit maybe a minute or so. Does this seem like a clogged pump or something else?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Howdy Shoe,

We need the model number of your washer first, the model number tag should be inside the door.

Yes, it sounds like you have a foreign object stuck/jammed in your drain pump, or your drain pump bearing has seized up.

Jake

Shoe0402

Premium Member
Hi jake
I actually ripped it apart today and found some socks inside the drain pump. It is working like new now. I also cleaned it really good. Thanks for the response

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds good Shoe, glad that's all it was.:)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

I have a Maytag bravos x. I replaces the lid lock switch and pump. Will not go to next cycle. Code comes up again for switch and pump

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
We need the model number of your washer first, the model number tag should be inside the door.

Click here: Appliance Parts

Then you will see a link that says: How to find a model number.

Jake