• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Maytag Bravos Washer (MVWB300WQ0) LD code

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jmglaz

Premium Member
Model Number
MVWB300WQ0
Brand
Maytag
I have a Maytag Bravos that recently threw a LD (long drain) code. The machine starts a cycle, gets to the drain portion and then throws the code obviously without draining. I removed the drain pump and the impeller seemed really tight, it did not spin freely and was really jerky so I installed a new drain pump. When I started the machine I first ran it through the rinse/spin cycle and it worked fine. I threw a load of clothes in and again it got to the drain portion and threw the LD code without draining. I removed the drum, cleaned out the basin (which was surprisingly dirty), filter and gave the inside of the machine a general cleaning. I collected about a dollar in change, a guitar pick and some Bobby pins from the basin. I figured that all the filth and loose change was causing the issue and was optimistic. After reassembling I again ran the rinse/spin cycle and all seemed well. The machine drained just fine. I ran a regular wash cycle and got the LD code again.

I figure the problem is likely the main control board. Could it be the door locking switch? Am I missing something? I don’t want to install a new board if this is just a simple cheap fix.

Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

I'm attaching your tech. data sheet below.

Ld flashes when the water level does not change after the drain pump is on.
---> Is the drain hose or the drain pump clogged?
---> Is the drain hose height greater than 96"?
---> Is the pressure hose connection from the tub to the machine/motor control pinched, kinked, plugged, or leaking air?
---> Is the pump running? If not, see TEST #7, page 6.

When the drain pump does not run see TEST #7 on page 6 and follow what it says to do and keep us posted.

Jake

Attachments

• W10093831-reva.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 27

Jmglaz

Premium Member
I followed ran through the tests. According the the results the machine control board needs to be replaced.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, then that's the part you will need: WPW10258402

Jake

Jmglaz

Premium Member
I was able to get the part online. I swapped the main boards and i am back in business.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, good job.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.