Maytag Bravos XL MEDB835DW3 Won't start

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, your have a dryer wall outlet receptacle problem, its best to have a electrician come in and replace that receptacle for you.

Jake

M19991

Premium Member
Outlet receptacle has been replaced. I get 235-238 v at the outlet compared to the 230 so thats a slight improvement. Still will not start the dryer. Now when I press start the dryer clicks and gets no humming sound and immediately shuts off.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, I'm attaching your tech data sheet below, put it in Diagnostics, then Service Test mode, then on page 9 see what ERROR/FAULT CODE you are getting.

Jake

Attachments

M19991

Premium Member
Okay when I run the diagnostic test, I get the following fault codes in this order: F4 E4, F4 E2, F4 E1 and F4 E3. After running the diagnostic I am able to get the dryer to make the humming noise again and it will start by spinning the drum by hand again as well. I took more volt readings out of curiosity.

Volt Readings Power ON:
115 v R
112 v L
228 v Both Hot

Volt Readings When Start is Pressed:
198 v R
89 v L
224 v Both Hot

Volt Readings When Start is Pressed and Drum Turned By Hand:
136 v R
90 v L
224 v Both Hot

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You still have a voltage problem. The voltage should not be dropping like that no matter what.

F4E4: L2 Line Voltage Error
Indicates low L2 voltage (less than 50 V) is detected at the ACU.
Check to see if a household fuse has blown or a circuit breaker (on electric has tripped. models only)
Confirm the power cord is properly installed and plugged into the power outlet.
Unplug dryer or disconnect power and check the relay connections on the ACU.
Gas Models Only: Unplug dryer or disconnect power and check the P14 connection on the ACU (harness loopback on pins 4 & 5).

Jake

Wx4usa

Premium Member
Jake is likely right, just remembered I had a loose connector on the main board produce that error last week on an MDBE855. Very similar dryer.

M19991

Premium Member
I pulled the main board from it's housing and checked for black marks and didn't see anything. Looks brand new. Could it be something as simple as the power cord?