• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Maytag bravos xl model MVWB835DW0 rusted out bearings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keptman

Premium Member
Model Number
MVWB835DW0
Brand
Maytag
Hi, I have a Maytag Bravos xl model MVWB835DW0 with rusted out bearings. The problem is that my model has a spring assembly on the bottom of the shaft. I did get that far. I ordered that replacement kit as well number I can't remember off the top of my head but I saw the kit on line I don't have that yet but I ordered it in case I break the old one. I can't find any videos that show my model to watch.

Also I took the agitator off than unscrew and nut that held that in place and the drum will not come off of the shaft assembly. I sprayed it with wd40. Can anyone please direct me to a current video of my model being taken apart. I don't want to make my problems worse by forcing and breaking anything. Like I said can someone put me on a video I can watch or explain to me what to do.

Sorry for the long post but I'm frustrated with what should be a rather easy job that's becoming a monster. FYI, I've put motors in trucks and have a little common sense Thanks, Donnie

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Keptman Donnie,

On this model the bearing is integrated in the transmission. Bearing kit W10435302 is not for this machine, its for the OLDER version of this machine.

Here's the transmission for your model you can order:
Transmission W11455453

Its IN-STOCK here:

This video shows you how to replace it:

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

Keptman

Premium Member
Hi Jake, that's the washer I have I'll order the transmission as you suggest. I'll return all of the improper kits I have ordered. Your video is awesome. One question. My drum beyond tight is even after I have taken the retainer nut all. I've put wd40 on it for 2 days. Do you have any suggestions for getting that to break free. Thanks again

Keptman

Premium Member
Can I order the part from you? Since you're the only person who knew what they were talking about 👊👊

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
My drum beyond tight is even after I have taken the retainer nut all. I've put wd40 on it for 2 days. Do you have any suggestions for getting that to break free. Thanks again
Use Liquid Wrench on it liberally and let it soak in for 24 hours.

Can I order the part from you?
I don't sell parts myself, I refer people to AppliancePartsPros and RepairClinic, that's where I get my parts at for my local customers, Plus both of those sites come with a 365 day warranty on all parts!

Click the link to it in post #3 above and they will send it to you.:)

Jake

Keptman

Premium Member
Good morning Jake, which by the way is my grandsons first name (actually Jacob but I call him Jakester. He 16) Is there any thing else I will need or does everything come with the kit, seal, sealant?? Thanks again, I was going nuts trying to figure this out. I thought the kit that I bought didn't look right. I had that part unbolted at one time but it was still attached to the drum and I was concerned about breaking something.

Back to the stuck drum. Could I disconnect the gear box underneath and use a block of wood and a hammer to pop the drum loose that way or would you not suggest that? I soaked the drum with WD 40, is that the same as liquid wrench? Thanks again for your knowledge. 🙏🇺🇸👊👊😊

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Liquid Wrench is much better to loosen parts.

Could I disconnect the gear box underneath and use a block of wood and a hammer to pop the drum loose that way or would you not suggest that?
This is a newer style transmission I have not replaced as of yet, so I can't answer that question without speculating.:)

Just take your time and follow the video and you should be fine. If your grandson lives nearby it would be a good learning experience for him as well.:)

Jake

Keptman

Premium Member
Yeah, I always try to get him involved with projects I'm doing. He's a great guy. He's in WV we're in MD still only about 15 miles away. The other grandparents are as crazy about him as we are ☺️ We get him a few hours every week and an overnight maybe once a month. He has two sisters that are in the the mix so their mom juggles them as best she can. You'll understand more if you become a grandparent. I didn't get it until then either.

Thanks for all your time and help it's truly appreciated, Donnie PS. I did chat with the company I ordered the part from about needing any seals, or sealant. They said that all I need is the part and just replace it

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok sounds good Donnie, yes keep us posted.:)

Jake

Keptman

Premium Member
Jake, Amazon refunded me for part the I have that wasn't right. Because of a shipping concern?? I guess the glue for the seal they told to do what I wanted with it. It's part number W10435302 do you want it. I willing to to ship it to you for all the help you've given me. You pay the shipping and it's yours? I did take it out of the box, but I didn't use anything except a big punch they sent with it to drive the shaft out. Let me know, Donnie

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks Donnie, I appreciate that, but I don't need it.:)

Ordering the transmission from RepairClinic helps us out, as we get a small commission to keep this site running when people order from AppliancePartsPros and RepairClinic. Server costs for this site are very expensive.:)

Jake

Keptman

Premium Member
Sounds good Jake, the new gear box arrived last night. One of the other things that concerns me is a spring assembly that's on the bottom of the old gear box shaft. Not sure if you have worked on one like that. I'll be attempting to get the drum off and install the new box today. If I still have any problems I may send you some pictures to see if you can help me out. Is that Ok? I've had liquid wrench on the drum spline for 2 days. Keep your fingers crossed, Thanks again for all your help, Donnie

Keptman

Premium Member
Jake, after 2 days of liquid wrench and the drum still doesn't want to come off. If you don't mind I'm sending you several pics. One is inside the drum, one of the new gear box and the others several views of the old gear box still attached to the washing machine. Maybe you've worked on one similar and you may see something I'm missing?? One thing for sure there is a spring kept in place by a solid plastic ring that I can see when I'm viewing the machine from underneath. Plus there is what I would call a white plastic gear piece there as well. Also there's what looks like to me to be a black it almost looks like a flat magnet that's attached to the old gear box exterior. Any thoughts or just use my best judgment and go at it. Maybe you have a mechanics manual that would break down what I'm trying to explain to you? Thanks, Donnie

Keptman

Premium Member
20210407_103842.jpg
20210407_104414.jpg
20210407_104333.jpg
20210407_104139.jpg

Attachments

• 20210407_104112.jpg
    20210407_104112.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 112

Keptman

Premium Member
Sorry I forgot to send you the pics. You can just barely see that black, I described as a magnet just above the white gears that I described earlier. Also you can just barely see the solid clear plastic ring I described as holding the spring in place on the shaft, thanks, Donnie

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I don't know Donnie, I have not replaced this particular transmission as of yet.

Did you buy it from AppliancePartsPros OR RepairClinic?

If so, you can contact them and they will know the answer.

Jake

Keptman

Premium Member
Hey Jake, I've got the gear box back together, the drum and agitator on. Now I'm at a stand still with what should be a 5 min job. I'm trying to get the ring to snap back on the outer drum tabs at the top of the spin drum. Is there a trick to that? I had to order the bottom spring kit because everything was so rusty on that end of the shaft. It's not due until April 21st. I cobbled the old pieces to work for hopefully. What do you think about that ring that snaps to the outer drum. It's the same one that came off of it. It's crazy that it won't just snap into place. Remember Maytag bravos xl model MVWB835DVO, thanks Donnie

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I had to order the bottom spring kit because everything was so rusty on that end of the shaft.
In the video it shows that comes with the new transmission.

Here it is, Its called the Shift Actuator(also called Slider):
Shift Actuator W10734521

Remember Maytag bravos xl model MVWB835DVO
MVWB835DVO does NOT pull up as good.

MVWB835DW0 does pull up as good.

That V is a W and the O is 0

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I'm trying to get the ring to snap back on the outer drum tabs at the top of the spin drum. Is there a trick to that?
I have no clue Donnie, like I mentioned I have not done this replacement yet myself, or I would tell you.:)

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.