FIXED Maytag centennial washer MVWC300BW0 codes F7E6 and F7E5. The machine does not spin or agitate.

Aaronq

Premium Member
Model Number
MVWC300BW0
Brand
Maytag
Been battling this washer for days now. Trouble codes F7E6 and F7E5. The machine does not spin or agitate. I replaced the motor and it worked briefly, but now it is back to the same problem.

Checked lid switch - working properly. This is what I know. My next step is to assume the actuator. However, I can actually see the actuator moving back and forth. It just doesn’t seem to stop in one position when it’s is preparing for spin. The motor then starts for
A second and then shuts down. Any ideas what to check. I have done and exhaustive search online but nothing seems to match. These symptoms exactly. Thank you for any advice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Model number MVW300BW0 does not pull up as good, please recheck your model number.

It should look something like this:
MVWC300BW0
MVWB300BW0

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks,

Here's the tech. data sheet for your model: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1psVH4VJFVWLEFo_Kf8Dwp9OlD8vPDuVG

F7E5 – SHIFTER FAULT
Fault is displayed when the main control cannot determine position of shifter.
See TEST #3: Drive System, page 13.
• Check harness connections from main control to motor and shifter. • Observe shifter operation.
• See TEST #3a: Drive System–Shifter, page 13.

F7E6 – MOTOR FAULT
Indicates an open clockwise or counterclockwise circuit of the motor.
See TEST #3: Drive System, page 13.
See TEST #3b: Drive System–Motor, page 14.

It may be the optical sensor in the shift actuator that's bad and causing this problem, let's test that.

Clear the current fault codes first. Look on PAGE 3 in the tech data sheet.
To clear fault codes:
--->Turn cycle selector knob until the status LEDs flash ON and OFF (see figure 2, page 2).
--->Press and hold the START button for 3 seconds to clear all fault codes and exit Fault Code Display Mode.

If, when in diagnostics the codes are F7E1, F7E5, or motor speed codes, then chances are it is a motor, capacitor, or shifter related issue. Once the codes are cleared, put the washer into a manual diagnostic test and run the HEAVY AGITATION; if
after 15‐20 Seconds the motor runs then you can rule out the motor, capacitor, control, and most likely the wiring harness connections (although still check the BK wire from the shifter to the control). Remember, the timing wheel only turns in the
transmission during the spin cycle.

Next, while in Manual diagnostics, try to get the unit to spin; if the motor hums for a split second and then shuts down with the lid lock blinking; go back into diagnostic codes and look for shifter or speed sensor errors.

This is proof that the shifter/sensor assembly is the issue because the optical sensor is not reading the motor speed.

Here's the shift actuator for your model you can order here(Video Included):
WPW10006355 Shift Actuator

Let us know the results.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Aaron, glad to hear the new shift actuator fixed it.:)

Thanks for the update!

Jake