• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Maytag DE8410 electric dryer - End of cycle buzzer stuck

pimy11

Premium Member
Model Number
DE8410
Brand
Maytag
Hi,

The cycle completes and the buzzer sounds, but does it not stop until I pull the door open. I think I got it to stop once by rotating the cycle knob to the off position. I checked the push to start button and it does not appear to be stuck in. I set the knob to the middle of a cycle, closed the door, and the dryer does not automatically start, so that furthers my belief that the push to start button is not stuck.

I cleaned out the entire vent.

The dryer is NOT plugged in. Is it safe for me to vacuum out all the lint on the inside of the dryer, around the motor, pulleys, et cetera?

Any ideas on what is wrong?

Thanks,
al

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi al,

The problem is your timer.

Here's the timer for your model you can order here:
Manufacturer's Number: 306040

The dryer is NOT plugged in. Is it safe for me to vacuum out all the lint on the inside of the dryer, around the motor, pulleys, et cetera?
Yes you can.:)

Jake

pimy11

Premium Member
Thanks for the response. I cleaned out the interior. There was quite a bit of lint on the motor itself.

I've run the dryer 3 times since then and each time the buzzer sounded once, and the cycle ended. It is behaving as expected.

1) If the timer is failing, could the behaviour be intermittent?
2) The dryer has been squealing since I replaced the heating element about two years ago. Is this due to the cable(s)?

Thanks,
al

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, then its likely intermittent now.

Yes, the squeal is likely the cable or something rubbing.

Jake