Maytag Dehumidifier - Repair advice requested

Buddyboy

Premium Member
Model Number: M7DH45B2A
Brand: Maytag

First of all, I apologize if this is posted in the wrong section. Here seems to be the most appropriate.

I bought this portable dehumidifier in July, 2005, and have had it running continuously in my basement since then. I love it. It is reasonably quiet and does a great job keeping the humidity down. Finally it has stopped working, perhaps through exhaustion. Now when I switch it on the reading shows 20% humidity and it never runs. I am looking for some advice about how to go about checking things out to repair it. I am reasonably handy and can use a multimeter. Ideally someone could point me to a "How to repair a dehumidifier" publication on line. My machine looks like new and, until recently, worked like new also. I hate throwing good stuff away, probably like most on this forum.

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

This is a Fedders made unit, Maytag sold their name for Fedders to use.....and Fedders is out of bizz so finding most parts are NLA for these units.

If not reading correct humidity, the humidity sensor and board are the issue....which appears to be NLA now :(

JMO!

jeff.