• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Maytag Dishwasher - burned control board

mwabler

Hi @ClydeEvans, @rickgburton

I came across this thread:
I had essentially the same issue yesterday (Maytag dishwasher, 2014). Came home to find it had tripped the breaker mid-cycle. Reset the breaker and was able to drain the pan. Restarted a new cycle and ~10 minutes in it started smoking with a burning electrical smell. I quickly flipped the breaker again and when I turned it back on the control panel wouldn't light. I removed the front panel to get to the electronic control board and found it completely burnt out just like Clyde did right where the main power connects. I can get a new main control board (W10595568). Do I also need to replace the wire harness (pic 2) as well? Or can I just replace the connector? Or do I need to replace the harness/connector at all? ClydeEvans-is your control board still working now that we're ~1 year later? Any other issues?

Thanks for any and all help!
Michele

Attachments

• IMG_3754.jpg
    IMG_3754.jpg
    380.4 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3755.jpg
    IMG_3755.jpg
    336.2 KB · Views: 29

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Any burned wire ends or wires is a problem with replacing the board. If you don't have a good connection it causes higher amp draw and more current equals more heat. The same thing will happen. I don't think you can find those connectors without buying the entire harness.