• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Maytag Dishwasher DWU9906BAE - closing door hear a "boing" sound & soap tablets not dissolving completely

GeeWiz

Premium Member
Model Number
DWU9906BAE
Brand
Maytag
2 questions:
1. Just happening now ... when I close (not opening) the door at a certain point I hear a "boing" metallic sound; like plucking a guitar string. Bad spring(s)? It doesn't always make that sound every time. Is this something I can let be or will it cause more trouble down the road?

2. I'm using Finish Quantum powerball detergent tablets ... not every time is the tablet fully dissolved. Sometimes I find a gloopy mess inside the soap cup and other times it's at the bottom of the tub. I use only one setting - China. The cup and dish placements are usually the same load to load. Any ideas on why this is happening?

Added complete model number

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
DWU9906 is just a partial model number, we would need the complete model number first.

The model number tag is located inside the door on the tub frame.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks!

1. Just happening now ... when I close (not opening) the door at a certain point I hear a "boing" metallic sound; like plucking a guitar string. Bad spring(s)? It doesn't always make that sound every time. Is this something I can let be or will it cause more trouble down the road?
Yes, that would be the door springs, you'd need to order 2.

Here's the door spring for your model:
Door Spring WP912652

Watch this video to access it:

2. I'm using Finish Quantum powerball detergent tablets ... not every time is the tablet fully dissolved. Sometimes I find a gloopy mess inside the soap cup and other times it's at the bottom of the tub. I use only one setting - China. The cup and dish placements are usually the same load to load. Any ideas on why this is happening?
How hot is the water coming into the dishwasher?

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That should be hot enough. I'm not sure why at times the tablet is not fully dissolved.

Intermittent problems are the hardest to nail down.

You will probably need to have a local Maytag tech. come out to see why this is happening.

Jake

GeeWiz

Premium Member
Off hand ... do you think it can be due to clogged sprayer arms? I looked at my model ... but it doesn't have small (tiny) ports that could get clogged.

Thanks for the replies.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Here's the parts diagram for your model:
#2 is your spray arm, in the photo I see the little holes in it.
Also check the filter #6 if that's partially clogged that can cause this issue as well. When you click #6 you will see a video of how to access, remove, and replace it.

Jake