• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Maytag dishwasher MDB7100AWW stops washing too early, drains, shuts off

Hilda

Premium Member
Model Number
MDB7100AWW
Brand
Maytag
My Maytag model # MDB7100AWW is not running properly. I use the "auto" cycle (total time about 90 minutes). It fills with water and seems to do the pre-wash part of the cycle. It then drains, re-fills, and starts the main wash (timer shows 56). However, after just about 3 minutes, it drains and shuts off. It should continue washing and then rinsing for about 25 minutes and then drying for 30 minutes. Any ideas on what might cause this? Thanks.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Hilda

Premium Member
Thanks very much for this info. I think there may be a used/refurbished turbidity sensor available online. So I will test mine to see if it has gone bad. Just want to clarify--on page 3 of the tech data sheet, the illustration of the "sensor/thermistor" is different than the photo of the part shown above. In the data sheet illustration, I just see what looks like the round part with the two prongs on the right (But I'm not sure--see screen shot I've attached). Just want to be sure that the testing data is the same even if it looks different.
Maytag dishwasher sensor thermistor.JPG

Also, do you know where I can find a diagram that shows where in my dishwasher I can find this sensor? Thanks.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Hilda

Premium Member
Thanks. We found the part. Got 50kΩ and the ambient room temp was 63°F. Since the resistance goes down as the temperature goes up (on the data sheet), we're thinking that reading is okay. Do you agree?

We also found a document with our owner's manual that gives instructions for an Automatic Function Test (AFT) and Field Service Test (FST). We did the AFT and it ran through all the events and no faults were detected. However, the FST didn't do anything at all. So now we are wondering if the problem is the logic/control board. Or other ideas? Thanks again.

Dishwasher tests.jpg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, then you are correct, it seems to tests good.

Yes, the problem is the control unit then. But that's Not Available either:

This dishwasher is very old, so its going to be difficult finding replacement parts for it, even if you find one on ebay, it may work a little while and quit again. It would be more wise to retire your dishwasher and buy a new Maytag Dishwasher.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.