Maytag Dishwasher Model MDB7809AWW2. Stops mid cycle.

fisher0

Premium Member
Model Number
MDB7809AWW2
Brand
Maytag
My dishwasher will start normally. I press "normal" then "start". It will run for an undetermined amount of time. It then stops and goes dark for about 1 to 2 minutes. The control panel then lights up the "normal" and "start" button flashes. I then can press the start button and the cycle will resume.

This seems to continue several times until wash cycle is finished.

I replaced the control board about 3 or 4 years ago to repair other issues (one month out of 1 year warranty). The dishwasher ran for about 6 months and then started stopping mid cycle. Was too upset to spend any more money on this model. We have doing them by hand ever since.

Turned it on the other day and found it still stopping mid cycle.

Could really use some help finding a solution and possibly access to maintenance manual for this model.
Thanks

fisher0

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi fisher0,

Sounds like your control panel keypad assembly is bad.

Do this test below:

A blinking LED over one of the keys of the keypad (or sometimes a “dead” keypad/console) indicates one or more key switch lines are stuck or shorted on the control or the keypad. To determine if the control board or keypad is faulty, do the following test:
Unplug dishwasher or disconnect power Open the dishwasher door. Open console and disconnect the keypad ribbon connection from the control (at P1).

Make sure all other connections are made. Put console back together. Do not close the dishwasher door. Plug in dishwasher or reconnect power. Wait 5 seconds. Close dishwasher door. Monitor the control’s response.

➔If the control board is OK (no longer sees shorts with the keypad unplugged), it will respond by turning on the drain motor for 2 minutes. Replace the keypad if the control board responds OK.

Here's the white keypad assembly for your model you can order here:
W10810474 Panel-Cntl

Let us know what you find.

Jake