• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Maytag Dishwasher will not drain

chipmiller2000

Premium Member
Model Number
MDB6100AWW
Brand
Maytag
My dishwasher will fill with water to begin the wash cycle but then does not wash or drain. I have checked all the drain hose for blockages but found none. I ran the Automatic Function Test and it indicates the fault as Motor - low current. Before I purchase another motor, might there be another issue? Any help would be appreciated.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Remove the lower panel below the door and use a flashlight to inspect the top of the motor by the motor shaft. Look for any water damage or water. If there is the motor is history.

chipmiller2000

Premium Member
Remove the lower panel below the door and use a flashlight to inspect the top of the motor by the motor shaft. Look for any water damage or water. If there is the motor is history.
Thanks for the speedy reply, Rick. I did as you suggested. No indication of water damage, leakage, or staining at all. No humming or any sounds coming from the motor after the basin fills at the beginning of the wash cycle. Any other ideas?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
The only other thing you can check is all the wire connections and wire between the PCB and the motor. Check the back of the PCB for any burned marks. I found this service flash on that model:

Attachments

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member