Maytag G32026PEKB o G32526PEKB

pulp

Premium Member
Hi there,

I am thinking of buying one of these two bottom freezers, I'm not set yet. I found them on a local retailer, but I can't seem to understand ther differences between these two models. There is a price difference of about 400$ but as far as the specificationsgo, I cannot tell the difference. Maybe the cheaper one is an older model, I couldn't find any info on Maytag's web page. What does Auto Defrost and Adaptive Defrost mean ?
I want to buy a total NoFrost fridge, I don't want to manually defrost neither the fridge, nor the freezer. Does anybody own one of these two models, maybe both ? :)
Are they worth it ?

Best regards and thanks in advance

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Where do you live? Bucharest, Romania?

The auto defrost is a mechanical timer that controls the defrost, Adaptive automatically adjusts the time it controls the defrost based on run times of your refrigerator compressor.

Jake

pulp

Premium Member
Hi,

Yeap, I live in Bucharest, Romania. It's kinda hard these days with all the strikes and protests... Anyway, my question is: do I have to manually defrost the fridge or the freezer ? If not, I'm fine with it. So the price difference should be caused by the Auto Defrost feature, which is a newer technology than the Adaptive Defrost technology ? My main whish is that I don't have to defrost the fridge or the freezer manually, as I've stated above.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
No,

All refrigerators come with auto defrost.

Adaptive Defrost technology is newer than the normal auto-defrost timer.

I have no idea why there is such a big price difference.

Jake