Maytag junk

icefireguy

We have had a maytag Quietseries 300 dishwasher for 3 years and I am happy to say today is the day that our new Kitchen Aid dishwasher is being delivered. The Maytag has been the single biggist piece of crap appliance we have ever owned and I will never own another. Broken racks, loud noises water leaks around the door and now it won't wash the dishes thoroughly. A total piece of junk since the warranty expired. Our maytag refrigerator has been through 2 icemakers and a valve in 3 years also which is downright criminal. Don't try telling me it's our water because we are on city water and have a well maintained whole house treatment system to boot. These Maytage appliances are just junk and that's the bottom line. NEVER AGAIN!

derekgraddy

Premium Member
My 5yr old Maytag fridge(compressor crapped out) on me last night. My parents never had any problems with their Whirlpool for 15 yrs, so i was shocked to see this happen to me last nite. The service repair guy told me that Maytag fridges had a design flaw in them. I am with you on this, i will never buy a Maytag again. I only bought Maytag from what i heard about its washer and dryer reputation years ago. I guess that doesn't necessarily apply to other appliances.

bedoin

Premium Member
MDBH969AWS piece of crap?

:eek:Hey, I REALLY need someone to give me a thumb's up or down on a new maytag dishwasher MDBH969AWS from Home Depot. Does ANYONE have any history with this unit and can they tell me if I need to return it back to the store while I still have TIME to do so-we just have had it delivered this past Monday and didn't get it installed until FRIDAY!
I can send it back if ANYONE can give me some accurate information on how much trouble it is it if it is a good unit.
I looked it up and Maytag doesn't even LIST they offer it anymore so I am thinking HOME DEPOT bought all these units and their 4/out of 5 stars recommendation on their website is a crock of crap...
I would like one of the technician's to tell me what a wide brush estimate of this particular dishwasher's repairs will be.
I need it ASAP so my husband can pull it back out of the kitchen wall and send it back-
What is this forum's evaluation of this Maytag model?:confused: