• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Maytag LDG712 Dryer - does not stop on timed dry

baronlakes

Premium Member
Model Number
LDG712
Brand
Maytag
Our Maytag LDG712 dryer is drying OK, but the timed dry does not stop the dryer. Note: we used to use the heat sensing but that stopped working (i.e. dryer would not stop). I assumed the sensing element was bad but the part was not available anymore. If I set the timed dry to 10 minutes, the timer moves towards the zero point (top of the dial). It pretty much gets to the zero point, but then doesn't stop the dryer. If I manually move the timer knob to the top, the dryer doesn't stop (not sure if it's supposed to). I replaced the timer with a refurbished timer, but I still have the same issue.

Previous to this issue, the timed dry was working - but before it would stop several "banging/clanging" noises would arise. Sounded like it was coming from the timer area of the console. I assumed the timer was going bad, so when it finally no longer stopped the dryer at the end of the time period, I replaced the timer.

Any thoughts on what might be happening?

Thanks.

baronlakes

Premium Member
Interesting idea - to just use an external timer. I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for the suggestion. The refurbished timer cost about $90.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Rick explains this issue here:

Do doing what @dashriprok mentions is a good alternative.:)

Jake