FIXED Maytag MAV5000AWW water did not drain

cb27man

Premium Member
Model Number
MAV5000AWW
Brand
Maytag
I have this problem now for about a week . The washer will run thur all the cycles and there is still water in the tub. This don't matter what wash cycle it is on. It will run and drain thur the rince cycle but after the final spin there is still water in the tub. If I spin the dial back to it again and start the spin cycle again manualy it drains every time. I had one tech tell me to replace the Lid switch and I did, but it did not fix the problem. My feeling is it may be the timer itself. To me that would seem to be the only thing that would cause it as the pump works fine if you do it manualy.
:confused:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
When your washer drains, time it. It should all drain within 90 seconds, if it doesn't its possibly a clog in your house drain or washer drain hose or pump. If you have duct-tapped your drain hose to your house drain pipe, then undo it and see how fast the water is coming out, if your house drain pipe starts overflowing, then the clog is in that.

Jake

cb27man

Premium Member
Thank you Jake, it don't seem to be any backup I have checked, because if I turn the timer to any place on the timer to drain all the water will pump out fine, it is only if I let the timer run the full cycle the drain problem happens with not all the water draining out. If I stop the timer and move it manualy, it will drain fine I hope this Helps explain it better. Jerry

cb27man

Premium Member
Thanks for the help

Well I put the timer in today and that was it it is working fine all the cycles are working fine. Now I have some type of leak somewhare will have to try to replace all the hoses first. Thanks

Jerry

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad the new timer fixed it, is it leaking from the front or back?

Jake