Maytag MAV7600AWW Spin Problems

albinati

Premium Member
I have just replaced the transmission, bearing, and spin nut. Everything seems to work except the spin cycle. The machine makes a spinning noise but the tub doesn't turn.

What have I done wrong?

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

I have just replaced the transmission, bearing, and spin nut
For what reason?

transmission
:)

Which one? :confused:

Whats that?

Everything seems to work except the spin cycle. The machine makes a spinning noise but the tub doesn't turn
Thrust bearing and pulley is/was ok?....is installed back on ok? The thrust bearing and pulley push up to release the brake so the washer can spin. The brake splines where greased up?

jeff.

albinati

Premium Member
My original problem was a harsh squeal during the spin cycle. I had a service guy diagnose the problem and since the parts only were under warranty I did the replacement myself.

Personally, I think it was the bearing only, but they sent me a transmission, bearing kit and the spin nut at the base of the tub so I replaced everything.

I suspect that you are correct that the problem is down at the pulley. But I can't figure out what the problem is. When I took the pulley apart, it kind of exploded and the parts went everywhere so I'm not positive I got all the parts back in the right order (there were many washers, etc.). Also the unit that engages the spin (on the inside of the pulley) could have been installed two different ways. Perhaps I got this backwards?

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
My original problem was a harsh squeal during the spin cycle
During?...or at the end?...of the spin?

I think it was the bearing only, but they sent me a transmission, bearing kit and the spin nut at the base of the tub
Tranny with under water seal and tub bearing kit.

When I took the pulley apart, it kind of exploded and the parts went everywhere
Happens to us as well :eek:

Where are the brake splines, on the base of the transmission where the pulley attaches?
Bottom of the tranny has wide splines that mate or match the spline inside the brake....these must be greased so the brake can move up and down.

jeff.