• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Maytag MDB8751AWB

BNPerrone

Premium Member
Several months ago, the lights on the display of our dishwasher started acting up, but nothing functionally changed with the dishwasher. Now, the start button doesn't start the cycle. The dishwasher is out of warranty, and we paid a tech service to come out. My fiance said that he opened up the panel inside the door, looked around, and hooked it up to a voltmeter. Called back the next day and said that we need a control panel and/or a control board at $470 or so plus the $70 to diagnose. Is this enough info to know what parts I need, and is this a job suitable for a novice?
Thanks in advance.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, the problem is the control panel, but its currently out-of-stock on all the appliance part stores online I've checked.

But its much cheaper than the tech. quoted.

Yes, its fairly easy to replace, you just remove the screws from it, located inside the door and it comes off, then disconnect the ribbon cable from the control board.

How old is your dishwasher? If you can post the serial# and I can tell you.

Here's the control panel for your model you can order:
Manufacturer part number 6-919829 is RepairClinic item number 1469719
6-919829

Jake

BNPerrone

Premium Member
serial #

Thanks. Serial number is 10601409GR. I think it's 3-4 years old. Do you have recommended stores to shop at when the online stores are out of stock? I'm getting sick of handwashing dishes.
Thanks,
Ben

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You can check your local appliance part store, looks like in your area it would be this one:
Coastal Appliance Parts
2057 Ashley River Road,
Charleston, SC 29407
(843) 766-6413

Jake