FIXED Maytag MEDB835DW3 Bravos XL Electric dryer quit

Toppnoff

Premium Member
Model Number
MEDB835DW3
Brand
Maytag
Hello, I’m new here and thought I would give this forum a try. I like to try to fix things myself but this issue I am having is like no other.

Five days ago my family was doing laundry like every other day and my dryer stopped completely, I’m talking nothing worked. No power, no light, cycle knob, and power button didn’t work.

I thought might be the breaker so I switched it off and on. Didn’t have a meter. So I replaced the breaker and bought a cheap meter to show if I have 220V to the dryer which I do, still nothing works, NOTHING. Please help.

Thank you,
Jon

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Jon,

Did you check the terminal block where your power cord connects to the dryer? If not, unplug the dryer and remove the little metal cover over it and look to see if the connections are all tight there.

Then plug it back in and put your multimeter leads on both ends of the terminal block, it should read 240 volts.

Remember Black & Red on the ends are HOT, White in the middle is NEUTRAL

Look here:
(click to enlarge)
outerterminals.jpg

That's where the meter leads go to check for 240 volts on dryer terminal block, you will see his meter say 0 volts, so he wasn't getting 240 volts to make the dryer work.

If your voltage is good, Here's the tech. data sheet for your model: https://drive.google.com/open?id=12a0m2_AkJAxkniSCPvB5GCqc-qJTaJ8Z

LOOK ON PAGE 11 where it says:
WILL NOT POWER UP
- No operation
- No keypad response
- No LED's or display

--->Connection problem between AC plug and dryer. See Test #2: Supply Connections, page 13.

--->Connection problem between ACU and UI. Check connections and harness continuity between ACU and UI.

--->Power supplies not present at machine electronics. See Test #1: ACU Power Check, page 12.

--->User Interface problem. See Test #6: Buttons & Indicators, page 22.

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Toppnoff

Premium Member
Hi Jake,

I appreciate all your help, the tech sheet. I still am not sure of the fix but I ran a series of tests as listed in the tech sheet and all passed. So as instructed after that it read page 13 steps 8&9 to make sure all connecters to the ACU and UI are properly installed. After that I plugged it back in and it worked. I don’t know if something loosened or what but it’s been working ever since. Thanks again Jake!

Jon Maciel

Attachments

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Jon, glad to hear its working good again, yes hopefully it was just a loose connector to the ACU or UI. (y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake