• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Maytag MEDB835DW3 Dryer Air Flow Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

southpawfl

Premium Member
Model Number
MEDB835DW3
Brand
Maytag
I've got the Maytag MEDB835 and getting an Air Flow error. I've searched the forums and have found a few suggestions but haven't been able to get to the bottom of how to fix my issue. I've done the following:

--Cleaned the lint screen and washed it
--Changed the dryer vent hose and ensured it's not kinked
--Vacuumed out behind the lint trap and the pipe at the back to ensure they're clean
--The error DOES NOT occur when I run the dryer on a timed cycle vs auto sense

Does that seem to indicate that I've got a bad thermistor? If so, can someone point me in the right direction to the part and instructions on how to do the repair? I've seen a number of videos on thermistors but it seems like getting access to my thermistor is a little different from some of the other videos.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
No, because if the thermistor was bad it would do this problem in BOTH--->TIMED DRY and AUTO DRY.

Here's the parts diagram for your model:
#34 is the moisture sensor bars, which is located below the inside filter grille #40.

Get a cloth and put rubbing alcohol on the cloth and wipe down the moisture sensor bars and see if that resolves it.

Jake

southpawfl

Premium Member
That did the trick! This is actually the second time I've had issues related to the moisture sensor bars -- in both times they got a ton of lint jammed in behind them. But in both cases they threw different errors. I'm not familiar with all the different makes and models but it would seem like this dryer has a poor design for the moisture sensor bars with how much link gets in behind them. On the bright side it's a very simple fix. Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad to hear that fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.