• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Maytag MFC2062DEM00 French Door with bottom freezer, and ice maker in freezer, no ice

ramsfan

Premium Member
Model Number
MFC2062DEM00
Brand
Maytag
Hi! My ice bin is empty and I am trying to troubleshoot. I turned the fridge off and on, no difference. Water is flowing at the dispenser. I also notice that the ice maker blades are rotating through the tray, but there is not ice there, therefore water is not getting into the tray. My next step is to change the water filter, but if anyone has any ideas that I can check, please let me know.

Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

You can jump the L & V on the module and that will send 120 volts to your water inlet valve and see if water comes out from your fill tube in the back of your ice maker. Just make a jumper wire.
OR
If you want to test the water inlet valve alone, the water inlet valve is in the back of your refrigerator where your water supply line hooks up to it.

Here's a photo of a test cord:
Test Cord - 110 Volt With Alligator Clips

or you can probably get a cheater cord like this at any hardware store in your area, or use a old lamp cord.

Jeff has a good section on this here: http://www.applianceaid.com/icemaker-valvetest.html

jptl also shows you how he did it: Testing ice maker water supply at the solenoid

Report back what you find.:)

Here's the water inlet valve for your model if yours is bad:
WPW10420083 Valve

Here's the ice maker for your model you can order if your water inlet valve is good:
W10884390 Icemaker

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.