Maytag MFD2564HEB ice maker dripping when filling up

rogerly

Premium Member
Model Number
MFD2564HEB
Brand
Maytag
My ice maker has recently started dripping. It only seems to drip when it re-fills after dumping some ice. After about 2-3 days it builds up a pillar that starts to interfere with removal of the ice tray. This is my first ice maker, so I'm not sure where to start looking for the problem.

The 4 and the H in the model number is a guess on my part. The label is partially rubbed off, so sorry if that causes problems.

Thanks,

Roger

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Can you see where the drip is originating from on the ice maker? Can you tell if it's where the fill tube enters the ice maker?

rogerly

Premium Member
About the middle of the tray (front to back) and on the edge closest to the center of the freezer.

rogerly

Premium Member
is it worth trying to replace just part of it, or am I just putting a band-aid on the severed limb?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Because that's a popular style ice maker, the cost is, for the most part, quite low. Most of the components or parts cost almost as much as a new ice maker. The problem I've been noticing lately, is the plastic or teflon coating inside the mold starts comming off and they start leaking, pieces of metal start turning up in the ice cubes, the ice cubes stick inside and don't eject. I checked your model and the mold assembly is no longer available as a seperate part.