• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Maytag MFI2269DRM01 Icemaker issues - two replacements and still no ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnndyinMS

Premium Member
Model Number
MFI2269DRM01
Brand
Maytag
Maytag MFI2269DRM01 French Door Refrigerator. Stopped making ice. Replaced the icemaker (no full harness replacement) first. That 1st replacement unit would not force a harvest. Sent it back and ordered a full harness and icemaker replacement. Once I got the last connector plugged in, the front gear turned for a few seconds then quit. Now won't force a harvest. Got 43 volts across the main harness W/B and W ports. In Service Test mode, Test 192 shows OFF (even though the switch is on (and continuity confirmed at the switch), and Test 193 when ON does nothing. Also replaced the water inlet valve when I did the second icemaker replacement. Water through the door is fine. Auger motor works. Fan works. Just cannot force a cycle. I'm most curious about Test 192.

Any thoughts?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Measure the voltage on the main control board across J2-8 (violet) and J1-8 (white). Your meter should indicate 120 VAC.
whirlpool-board-hv-control-wpw10312695-ap6019287_01_l.jpg

johnndyinMS

Premium Member
Put new main control board in and reassembled everything. Was able to force a cycle and the unit called for and received water from inlet valve. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.