• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Maytag MFI2269VEM7 ice maker not making ice, have done lots of trouble shooting

Quyen

Model Number
MFI2269VEM7
Brand
Maytag
Happy holidays all. After a recent xmas party where i used all the ice, my ice maker will no longer produce ice. It will freeze ice and eject it if i fill the tray myself with some water, but will not refill with water. I know the water line is not plugged because if I jump from the L to V and close the door water will fill the tray (i think this means my water inlet valve is also working properly but not sure). I did jump from the T to the H as well and heard a few clicks but the ice maker didn't actually cycle. To me it seems that the ice maker isn't demanding water since the ice maker and water valve seem to work independently. I'm at a bit of a loss of what to actually replace so am looking for some help. Thanks in advance!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Happy Holidays!

Its likely the ice maker has gone bad. This happened to me in Parker, Arizona. I only got 48 volts to the ice maker side of the water inlet valve electrical connector, so I ordered the ice maker kit and that fixed it.:)

To verify that, just remove the electrical connector from the ice maker solenoid side of the water inlet valve, then put your meter probes in that electrical connector, then cycle the ice maker and watch the meter to see if you get 120 volts towards the end of the ice maker cycle.

Here's the ice maker for your model you can order(Installation Instructions Included):
Ice Maker Assembly W10882923

Jake