FIXED Maytag MFI2568AES ice dispenser chute door continuously opening and closing

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAConstruction

Premium Member
Model Number
MFI2568AES
Brand
Maytag
The chute door on this refrigerator continuously opens and closes. Any suggestions on how to repair and what parts may be needed?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, its the high-voltage control board that is faulty causing this.

I need your serial number.

Make sure you unplug your refrigerator before replacing it. Its located in the very back of the refrigerator.

Maytag makes 2 different High-Voltage control boards based on your refrigerator's serial number.

Here's the high-voltage board for your model if your serial number starts with 11 or lower:
W10890094 Cntrl-Elec

Here's the high-voltage board for your model if your serial number starts with 12 or higher:
WPW10310240 High Voltage Control Board

Jake

MAConstruction

Premium Member
Thank you Jake! I appreciate your insight and will look to replace this board. It appears the board malfunctioning is a common occurrence and can cause many other issues as well.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
It appears the board malfunctioning is a common occurrence and can cause many other issues as well.
Yes Sir, you are correct!

Remember when you receive the new board there are instructions that come with it to program it.

Jake

js295

Premium Member
Jake, I need your help, received control board wpw10310240 for serial # 10380954JL, tried to program with code inside of fridge ( 0302 ) would not accept it, used code 1411 & was accepted, now ice maker runs intermittently but have button in off position. Can a different code than what's inside fridge cause further problems, like the ice maker one. Was told by a tech guy that was the part I needed. Not your company

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's the wrong control board you ordered, your serial number starts with 10.:)

for serial # 10380954JL
Here's the high-voltage board for your model if your serial number starts with 11 or lower:
Control Board W10890094

Jake

js295

Premium Member
Jake thank you so much for that information. I placed an order for that board. Can you tell me if the wrong board will cause the auger for ice maker to run off & on for about 10 - 15 minutes. Is there a way to stop it till new part comes in. Afraid it's going to run the auger motor.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, that's what causing the auger motor to run like that.

You can disconnect the wires to the auger motor. Use black electrical tape to tape the ends up till the new board arrives.

Jake

js295

Premium Member
Thank you for a quick response. I will try to disconnect it if I can find a diagram for it.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Do you have the exact same model number?

If so, Here's the high-voltage board for your model if your serial number starts with 12 or higher(WHICH YOURS DOES):
WPW10310240 High Voltage Control Board

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Alex, you will need to take a photo of your control board and upload it here so I can see which one yours takes.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
No, try again.

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.