FIXED Maytag MFI2568AES ice dispenser chute door continuously opening and closing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Your welcome.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Nothing else, that I'm aware of.

The new control board always fixes this problem.

Jake

pedramk

Premium Member
Hello Jake

My Maytag fridge Model # MFI2568AES had similar issues that you have covered here, but I did not have time to fix it since we were leaving town, we emptied it but left it on. When we came back, it does not work anymore. The interior lights are on, the display is dead and you cannot hear the condenser or the engine anymore. Is this result of ignoring the issue and not changing control board? I am trying to figure out if it is worth paying changing the control board or the thing is totally dead now because we ignored the flashing. Thanks in advance.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Is this result of ignoring the issue and not changing control board?
Yes it is.

You will need to order and replace the main control board to fix yours too.

Here's the main control board for your model you can order:
Control Board W10890094

Jake

pedramk

Premium Member
Thank you Jake so much!

One more question that confused me: the first page of this thread where you documented your very first reply, you said we need to order based on serial number. My serial number starts with '12xxx' ... so based on your very first post in this thread on page 1, I should order the second control board and not the one you mentioned above here which is W10890094

But also if I look up my Maytag model # which is MFI2568AES on srvicematters.com (page 17/18 of this PDF: https://s3.amazonaws.com/sm-backend-production-attachments/parts-list-MFI2568AES.pdf) it shows a part number that maytag parts shows it is indeed the above control board W10890094 ... so how does the serial number come in play? I am very confused that while my serial number starts with a number higher than 10, I need to order this one. Also maytag replacement parts website shows that this will for my model #. Please help.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, this is confusing. Take a photo of your original control board, its located in the back of your refrigerator, once you pull the refrigerator out from the wall.

Then upload the photo here and we can see which one yours takes.:)

Jake

pedramk

Premium Member
Thanks a lot Jake. This is what I took out of the fridge. Please see attached photo. Thanks for letting me know if going with W10890094 is still correct even though my serial number starts with '12'?

Attachments

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds good, keep us posted.:)

Jake

pedramk

Premium Member
Sounds good, keep us posted.:)

Jake
Hello Jake

I am reporting back here to see what you think and maybe/hopefully this can help someone else who like me is handy enough but not an expert when it comes to a DIY project:

I got the part (W10890094 ) in the mail. It looks exactly like what came out from back of my fridge. Followed the instructions to install. Plug fridge in and went thru programming. Code on sticker inside my fridge is 1411. That did not work! It would accept it. Last step where it should flash it would beep and not get out of PE menu.

People talk about similar issue. I tried the code 0302 from that link and so far everything seems to working. I do not have water connected to this fridge and do not use the dispenser for ice or water. So I am not sure if like people who complained about ice not making I would have the issue.

The most confusing part is that from the link above I also learned the correct way to search for my model# would have been to add the first two digits of serial number in my case '12' to the end of the model# so instead of search for part list for "MFI2568AES" I needed to search for "MFI2568AES12" ... if I do that then the correct control board would be WPW10310240 Which would be exactly how you said it here in your very first post in this thread!

Now to make all of doubly confusing is that picture you see there does NOT match the part that came out of my fridge and ordering part W10890094 which looked the same did not work with the code inside my fridge. 🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯

I guess my question is while I seem to have got the wrong part but my fridge / freezer if they continue working and not blow up on me, am I good? or should I return and get the part that I can find using 12 added to end of model number?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

pedramk

Premium Member
Thank you Jake. I guess W10890094 is the correct part for me since My model number ends in AES not AES12. My serical # does start with 12, but it is not at end of my model number. So then the ultimate question is why the code 1411 which is on the label inside my fridge did not work and a random code 0302 that many others used on internet and suggested (as in thread in my previous reply) worked for me too? Could it be that somehow these new boards () after manufacturer replaced part number) now have a diff code that is different than code that came with the fridge?

Also one thing I did notice that I never saw anywhere else on the internet is while I was trying to get the 4 zeros to appear next to PE so I can start typing my code, pushing + or - on fridge side, would make the words 'ICE' or 'H20' appear in the right 3 spots next to PE before it could take digits. These would toggle. I wonder and again this is just a theory that toggling between these two might cause the code for freezer (ICE) or fridge (H2O) to take in? ... I have no proof and this is just a guess. do yo know what does 'PE(space)ICE' or 'PE(space)H20' mean for programming the board?

Regardless the fact remains that new board I got is exactly same looking as the one I ordered, but the code 1411 on the label inside my fridge did not work,

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Those are all good questions, but I don't know the answers, and I'd hate to speculate.

I would need to talk to a Maytag engineer myself to answer these questions, hopefully a Maytag engineer will see this thread and shed some light on it for us all.:)

Jake

pedramk

Premium Member
Thank you Jake for all your help again. I hope one day we see an input from a Maytag side as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.