• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Maytag MFI2568AES Not Cooling

Missyb61480

Model Number
MFI2568AES
Brand
Maytag
Good evening. I have a Maytag French door refrigerator, never one single problem out of it. Then, out of the blue, the freezer stopped working one day. The next day, the refrigerator stopped working.

I called my home warranty company, they sent a HVAC technician to come “look at it,” which is exactly what they did- they looked at it, didn’t move, didn’t even open it- diagnosed it with a bad compressor.

Then they gave me an estimate of $800- $400 compressor, $400 for labor. They never even moved the refrigerator or tested a single thing on it!

Not sure why a compressor would simply stop working one day, for no reason at all, I started to google. I found out that there are many ways to check a refrigerator, and it’s parts.

However, I do not have any of the tools to test anything myself, so I decided to post on here to see if anybody has any ideas of what the issue may be, or which tools I may may need to check this out myself.

My home warranty company is stating that bc the refrigerator is repairable, but the cost it too high, they prefer to just buy me out of it, for $300. Obviously I cannot repair or replace my refrigerator for $300. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks! Melissa

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

You had this model listed as Whirlpool, but its a Maytag.:)

Ok, is the refrigerator running at all? Or dead silent?

If you hear it running, pull the refrigerator out from the wall, then remove the lower back access panel then touch the top of the compressor(big black ball shaped part) to see if its warm and vibrating.

Also see if the condenser fan that sits next to it is running.

Let us know.

Jake