FIXED Maytag MFI2568AEW Refrigerator power surge and nothing would cool, ice maker problem too

KatieH

Premium Member
Model Number
MFI2568AEW
Brand
Maytag
I have a french door Maytag. We had a power surge and nothing would cool. The control panel just flashed. After researching i replaced the HV control board. It would not take my code when i tried to reprogram it. So researched again and found some other codes online. Everything cools and freezes now but the ice maker auger keeps turning and dumping ice into the chute on the door. Some codes make my ice and water work backwards. But no matter what code i put in the auger runs every 4 to 5 minutes. Any ideas?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Katie,

Ok, take a photo of your model number tag, its located inside the refrigerator section on the upper walls or ceiling.

Also take a photo of the original HV Control Board, then upload both photos here.

Jake

KatieH

Premium Member
So i read another thread with the same issue. I think i got the wrong control board. My serial starts with 11. And now that i know that there are different models of HV board i reordered and it should be here in Sunday. We will see if it works. Thanks for the speedy reply!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks!

Yes, I see the Maytag part number on it is 12920710. The manufacturer has replaced part number 12920710 part number W10890094.

This is the correct control board for your model:
Control Board W10890094

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Katie, glad to hear the new HV Control Board fixed it. (y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake