FIXED Maytag MFI2569VEW1 works for 1 day and shuts off

Rickm14

Premium Member
Model Number
MFI2569VEW1
Brand
Maytag
My refrigerator is shutting off and not cooling after 1 day. I reset the fridge and again lasts about 1 day. Any thoughts i disconected the thermostat at room temp was 7.1k.

Thanks,
Rick

Rickm14

Premium Member
Does it go completely dead, no lights or fans? What's in the display when this happens?
Lights are on but not cooling, no fan nothing. Until I unplug it and plug it back in.

I do notice when I plug it back in it cycles off and on for a bit then stays on and lasts about one day.

Thank you for the reply Rick I appreciate it.

Rick

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Rickm14 said:
when I plug it back in it cycles off and on for a bit
OK, I'm guessing you're talking about the compressor that cycles on and off and you probably hear a clicking sound when it does. Take the start device off the compressor and give it a few shakes. If it rattles, it's bad.

Rickm14

Premium Member
Ok just got home and checked it does not rattle. I have it running now when it stops I’ll check voltage at compressor.

Rickm14

Premium Member
Has all the signs of thermostat but when I ohm them out they check good. Why I’m confused.

Rickm14

Premium Member
I cut both out and checked the resistance then spliced them back in. The one up top in fridge and one in bottom freezer. Ambient room temp 7.1k ohms.

rickgburton

Staff member
Lol...OK, you mean thermistors and they won't keep the machine from running. Is the compressor running hot or warm? When it stops cooling and you check the voltage at the compressor, if the voltage is 0V, measure the voltage on the main board across J1-1 and J1-8. If the voltage is 0V here's the part you need:

Rickm14

Premium Member
I just touched the compressor it is running hot. Fridge is still running. I’ll check when it gets done and report back. Thank you for your help sir.

rickgburton

Staff member
Hot is not good. Make sure the condensor coils are clean. What are the temperatures in the two compartments when it's cooling?

Rickm14

Premium Member
I have good voltages on compresser and J1-8 38/0 temps. I think you are right does compresser shutoff on over temp like hvac to save it self? Let me clean the coils real good. Bad news I won’t be able Clean them until tomorrow.

rickgburton

Staff member
The overload will open if it gets too hot or draws too many amps. However, once it cools down it closes and that usually doesn't take a day

Rickm14

Premium Member
Well dang was hoping that was it. I’ll clean it tomorrow after work and let it run and report back. Thank you for you’re help.

Rickm14

Premium Member
Compressor resistance all check good, however compressor start device the 2 top pins in your pic says should be 3-23 ohms I read Open lead

Last edited:

Rickm14

Premium Member
Roger have it on order thank you sir. Your called it right away. Once it come in and I install I’ll report back.