• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Maytag MFI2570FEZ07 - Loud humming/rattling - Normal Evaporator Fan Noise?

djdiaboliq

Model Number
MFI2570FEZ07
Brand
Maytag
Maytag french door refrigerator, bottom freezer. Bought new, just a few months ago. Since the day I turned it on, it's been making all sorts of noises. But the noise I have a question about is a loud humming/rattling noise which I can hear almost all the time. Noise is coming from the freezer and happens when doors are closed - I believe it's the evaporator fan. Maytag (whirlpool) service techs have worked on this fridge before -- they've already replaced the condenser (another noise issue) and the evaporator fan (it was making an even louder noise). But they say this is a normal noise and they don't want to replace the evaporator fan again. Can someone confirm? This doesn't sound normal. (recording attached)

Attachments

• Recording_11.wav
    1.3 MB · Views: 0

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That doesn't sound normal to me. Have them come back out to see what's going on.

Jake

js2020

Premium Member
The motor's own HUM is normal. The clicking/rattling sound is a secondary vibration caused by the humming motor. I have a similar fridge that sounds like this, MINUS the rattle. It is "normal" for it to be really really annoying. Whirlpool doesn't give a hoot.