• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Maytag MGR5710ADW how to removed rusted Sealed Burner

tomd514

Premium Member
I noticed this morning that gas flames were shooting out from the base of the hi output burner on our Maytag MGR5710ADW range. The top of the burner came off and I found plenty of rust which I assume was formerly holding the part (in my hand) and the base of the burner (still in the range top) together.

I have seen what I believe is the correct replacement part (Sealed Gas Burner - Gray p/n 12500099) but I need help with how to remove the burner base which I believe is screwed in to the cooktop (looks like a strap wrench would have been used to remove the burner but now there's not enough of the burner left to grab hold of to unscrew).

Is there a suggestion for removing the bottom part of the burner?

thanks very much for your help.

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

I have seen what I believe is the correct replacement part (Sealed Gas Burner - Gray p/n 12500099)

The manufacturer has replaced part number 12500099 with part number 3412D024-26

Sealed Surface Burner 3412D024-26 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com

but I need help with how to remove the burner base which I believe is screwed in to the cooktop

Yupper, the burner twists to little knibs built into the cooktop.

Through a rag over what is left of the burner and try to unscrew it off ( regular thread ). Might want to try to tighten it a bit first to help break it free.

jeff.

tomd514

Premium Member
After returning with the new part, I was able to see exactly as Jeff described, three "nubs" that hold the burner to the cook top. I was able to rotate it without much effort and it came right off.

Many thanks for the information.