• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Maytag MGS5870ADQ control board issues

L8K8

Model Number
MGS5870ADQ
Brand
Maytag
I have a Maytag slide in propane range in bisque that is 15 years old that was operating just fine. After using the self-clean option for the first time ever late last year, the oven no longer will attain baking temperatures and the control board clock goes blank intermittently and no buttons will work. I reset the control board by disconnecting/reconnecting power. The clock comes back on, but oven still doesn't function properly.
I checked the oven sensor and it measures 1080 ohms. When trying to evaluate the igniter, I press the bake button and the broiler element comes on instead. So... I ordered a new control board from APP which now only comes in black and is back ordered into February. In the meantime, I plan to send the original control board to Core Centric Solutions to see if they can repair it as I would prefer to have a bisque control board in the bisque range.
Here is my question: Once I remove the control board, will I still be able to use the stove top burners even if I have to light them with a match? Also, am I missing anything else that I should be trying? Thank you!!