Maytag MHW5100DW0 leaves clothes wet.

jmargo

Premium Member
Model Number
MHW5100DW0
Brand
Maytag
Having a sporadic issue with the washer leaving clothes soaking wet. It does it on and off. I went through and cleared all the lines and drains and tried smaller loads. No water in the basket and the spin speed is set to high. I can hear the pump drain and this is a direct drive unit.
Edit: Just ran the diagnosis and it displayed a F5 E2. Shows as door sensor. Is that related ?

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

I'm posting your tech. data sheet below. It could be related. Do the QUICK DIAGNOSTICS TEST on Page 6.

F5 E2=DOOR LOCK ERROR
At the start of a cycle, the washer attempts to lock the door 6 times. The error code is saved in memory as F5E2, but the customer will see “dL”.

Possible Causes:
Verify that harness connectors are fully inserted in ACU and door lock.
Make sure that the drum is not overloaded. Verify that the door can close easily and that all clothing fits inside the drum.
Door not completely closed due to interference.
Check door lock mechanism for damage, misalignment, or foreign objects.
See TEST #4 (Door Lock System) on page 15.

Jake

Attachments

jmargo

Premium Member
Thanks for that. Just trying to figure out the correlation. I cleared the code and it has not returned yet.

jmargo

Premium Member
Well clothes are wet again. No code and if I do a spin and drain cycle it doesn't seem to spin at top speed. I changed the speed setting to the med speed and it looks to spin faster at the middle setting than extra fast.

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, did you clean your drain pump filter? If so, then start a Rinse/Spin cycle with clothes in it, then when it drains pull the drain hose up from the drain pipe and watch how fast the water goes out, it should be very strong water pressure exiting your drain hose.

Something seems to be keeping it from going into high speed spin, and even if you don't see water in the inner drum basket, it can be below that, but still enough in the outer tub assembly to be keeping it from going into high speed spin.

If you didn't clean your drain pump filter, I'm posting the directions below.:)

On this model you have to access it from the back.

Here's the drain pump for your model:
Drain Pump WPW10605427

Here's the video to access it: Whirlpool/Maytag Front-Load Washer Replace Drain Pump Video

Once you access it, you will see the filter cap handle that you can unscrew off and remove the drain pump filter to clean it.

Jake

jmargo

Premium Member
Unfortunately that was the first thing I did. There was very little debris and when I ran the diagnostic test it pumped the basket empty fast and the drain had good flow. I'm afraid it will be the control board but I did the full diagnosis test and it all checked out and the door code has not returned. The bad thing is my wife is done with me fiddling with it so its short life may be coming to an end.

jmargo

Premium Member
Timed the cycle today and watched the countdown. The cycle was set for 43 minutes. It ran down to 12 minutes then jumped to 1 and called the cycle complete. Verified by the whole wash being about 30 minutes total.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

jmargo

Premium Member
Yes I ran that yesterday with no error codes. It did spend the most time on that section.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
It did spend the most time on that section.
You mean spin? So it got to high-speed spin and stayed there the whole time?

Jake

jmargo

Premium Member
Yes, All the other sections where less rather short. Probably less than a minute. The spin went for a few.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok,

Your tech. data sheet says: Run the “Quick Diagnostic Test” on page 6. IMPORTANT: Door must be closed and locked to run motor.
--->When the test shows “C05 & C08” on the display, the motor is powered and the motor should be moving. If it is not, replace ACU.

The ACU is your main control board, so that can't be the problem. See if C05 makes the motor run too.

If so, then it has to be a problem in your motor.

Unplug your washer and Do the TEST#3: Motor Circuit on Page 15, you will need a multimeter to ohm test the motor windings.

Here's the stator(motor) for your model you can order if yours test bad:
WPW10657810 Stator

Jake

jmargo

Premium Member
Ran the test again. Went through the steps and no codes. The motor spins when it is supposed to. Test C8 ran along time...over 5 minutes and seems to run twice. High speed was counter-clockwise but the drain pump ran for a while both in C7 and C8 and between it would rotate clockwise as if in wash mode from C5.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, then the problem has to be the stator motor, yes check your owners manual warranty.:)

Jake

jmargo

Premium Member
Stator ohm'd fine. Just bought a new washer to avoid any more headache. Thank You for all the help.
What parts should I remove from this to sell before the trash man comes and gets it ?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Did you check for cracks in the Stator Motor? It may ohm fine, but any cracks you find in it can also cause it to be bad.

What parts should I remove from this to sell before the trash man comes and gets it ?
Any parts you want to sell, control board, drain pump, water inlet valve.

Jake

jmargo

Premium Member
Cool. The stator looked OK. It was slightly rubbing on the outer rotor.
Thanks again for the help. You are a great asset to this forum.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to help.:)

Jake