Maytag MHW8200FC0 washer won't turn on

Vasi

Premium Member
Model Number
MHW8200FC0
Brand
Maytag
HI,
I have hard time with this Maytag washer as it wont power up. Initially it had a F6E3 error code (still not power up) and with help found on this forum at the following post:
MHW6000XR2 Maytag error F6E3,
1567626491590.png
I did some troubleshooting and I end up replacing the ACU (Appliance Control Unit) and UI (User Interface).
At this point the washer still wont power up . I ran the user interface test and everything works fine, tried to run service diagnostic test but it wont pass C00 and door lock motor it wont get actuated .
I did Test#1: ACU Power Check - all good as per service manual , Test#3: Motor Circuit - all values as per service manual up to step 8 - when run "Quick Diagnostic test" it wont pass C00, Test#4- checked/re-plugged connectors, at step5 resistance was 134, just replaced the ACU.
Conclusion: For some reason the door lock does not work (solenoid issue?). But even so, shouldn't it power up anyway and then not start with any cycle, eventually show an error code like F5E1 to E4 ?
I have attached the service manual (sorry for scanning quality).
Please help, any suggestion is welcome.
Thank you

1567626491590.pngfront label detail.jpgwasher front view.jpg

Attachments

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Wait, you started a thread last June here:

We need the tech. data sheet, I will ask our tech. bigbuck if he has it.

Jake

Vasi

Premium Member
Hi Jake,
Sorry, I couldnt find the old thread to continue with the steps I did after the post and that is why I created a new post.
Please see attached, is this what you are looking for (see attached the service manual )?
Thank you

Attachments

Vasi

Premium Member
Thank you! Much appreciated! I have the tech sheet (see attached in my previous post).
I went thru it and I ran out of solutions (explained in a post above). Hope someone could suggest something.
Thank you

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks bigbuck!

F6E3=COMMUNICATION ERROR ACU TO UI--->Communication between Appliance Control Unit (ACU) and User Interface (UI) has not been detected.

Possible Causes
• Verify continuity in cable between ACU (J19) and UI (C2). See wiring diagram on page 22.
• Check AC and DC supplies. See TEST #1 (ACU Power Check) on page 13.
• See TEST #2 (User Interface) on page 14

You will need to do these checks and tests to see where the problem is.

Jake

Vasi

Premium Member
Thank you Jake!
I did these tests and I end up replacing the ACU (Appliance Control Unit) and UI (User Interface).
At this point the washer still wont power up . I ran the user interface test and everything works fine, tried to run service diagnostic test but it wont pass C00 and door lock motor it wont get actuated .
I did Test#1: ACU Power Check - all good as per service manual , Test#3: Motor Circuit - all values as per service manual up to step 8 - when run "Quick Diagnostic test" it wont pass C00, Test#4- checked/re-plugged connectors, at step5 resistance was 134, just replaced the ACU.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Did you put your access panels back in place? You have to make sure the machine is completely all back together again before it will work properly.

Jake