• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Maytag MHW8200FW0 washer gets stuck at 11 minutes in the spin cycle, just keeps spinning

Bmangambit

Premium Member
Model Number
MHW8200FW0
Brand
Maytag
I have cleaned out the pump filter, run the washer through diagnostics mode without any error codes (from what I could tell. it just got to diagnostic cycle c08 and shut off mid spin). Whether I do a load of laundry or just run a rinse/spin cycle, when it gets to 11 minutes it just spins indefinitely. Pump/drainage issue, or timer issue?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

Bmangambit

Premium Member
Thanks for the help! New control boards are not cheap, is there a pretty high likelihood that this is the problem? I wasn’t able to find a lot of other people experiencing a similar problem so did not find out much doing research on the issue

rickgburton

Staff member
is there a pretty high likelihood that this is the problem?
from what I could tell. it just got to diagnostic cycle c08 and shut off mid spin
C08 is the last step of the quick diagnosis. I'm 90% sure the control is the problem. Run the service diagnostic cycle and check for any error codes. The tech sheet should be in the console. Let me know if you can't find it and I look for it.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Rick, I located the tech. data sheet for it. I'm attaching it below.

Jake

Attachments

• tech-sheet-W10775510-RevA.pdf
    4 MB · Views: 112

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Anytime Rick!

Jake

Bmangambit

Premium Member
C08 is the last step of the quick diagnosis. I'm 90% sure the control is the problem. Run the service diagnostic cycle and check for any error codes. The tech sheet should be in the console. Let me know if you can't find it and I look for it.
Unfortunately, I was not able to find a service guide or tech sheet for my model when I opened up the panels (it was a bit frustrating, as I’ve always been able to find the tech sheets for my previous washers inside). Was able to find online how to run the the quick diagnosis, but do not know how to get the washer to give me any error codes. Thanks so much for the help, I think I will be getting the replacement control soon.

rickgburton

Staff member
but do not know how to get the washer to give me any error codes.
Select any three buttons (except power) and follow the steps below

Remember the buttons and the order that the buttons were pressed.

Within 8 seconds press the buttons like this: 1-2-3 1-2-3 1-2-3

If you did it right, either "888" wil be in the display or a flashing error code

Momentarily press the 3rd button you picked to move to the next error code

Press and hold the 3rd button to clear the error code

Bmangambit

Premium Member
I did another quick search and found the service guide in a place I didn’t expect. So I’ll take a look and see if I can see any error codes and will let you know

Bmangambit

Premium Member
So no error codes. I’m going to try a new control board and see if this fixes the problem. Thanks for the help!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
@Bmangambit I uploaded your tech. data sheet in post #5 do you see it?

Jake

JoelM8443

Premium Member
So no error codes. I’m going to try a new control board and see if this fixes the problem. Thanks for the help!
Could you confirm if the new board fixed your issue? I have 2 Maytag MHW3505FW0 s that do the exact same thing. Pump and wiring is fine. LED on ACU indicates that it’s in working order. Have been stumped for months. A response would be amazing. TIA