Maytag Model MDB7100 Dishwasher Recall

nbrsguy

Premium Member
We are in search of any other frustrated consumers who are experiencing the same extended delay of parts availability from Maytag following the recent recall of this model. While replacing the wiring harness as the recall requires the repairman broke a pin on the master control board. We have been without the use of the dishwasher now for 6 weeks due to Maytag being totally out of stock. They cannot even estimate when it will be available. They will only listen when there are enough of us banded together. Contact me if you have a similar situation and together maybe we can take some action. Thanks.

jljbigdog

Same Issue -- Maytag BROKE my working dishwasher

I am having exactly the same problem. My Maytag MDB7100 dishwasher was working perfectly. I got the recall notice, spent 30 minutes calling & registering, waited 2 weeks for the part, and then had to call back and go through the same process to get a list of Maytag repair shops to call.

I called a local Maytag repair shop and they dispatched a repairman. When the repairman installed the new part, the dishwasher would not work at all. The repairman told my wife that this was the third time that Maytag had done this to him -- having him put a faulty part into a working dishwasher.

He ordered a part a month ago. I called Maytag customer service a couple of weeks ago, had to go through all the same menus and waste lots of time, only to be told I had to call the recall line again.

When I called the recall line and went through all the menus again, they told me the control panel is on backorder, with no available date. I asked them to transfer me to a supervisor. They promised that I would get a call within the next 2 business days. Well, it's been 2 weeks, with no call.

I called Maytag again today, same story. They are sorry for the inconvenience, they don't know when the part will be available, there's nothing they could have done to prevent it, there's nothing they can do to help.

In my opinion, they need to immediately fix the dishwasher, and somehow compensate those whose machines they broke, or immediately replace the dishwasher.

I used to think that the old commercials, where the repairman was loney, was baloney. Now I understand why he's was so lonely. HE HAD NO PARTS!!!!

This is ridiculous!!!

nbrsguy

Premium Member
Maytag MDB7100

I am truly sorry to hear your matching story. I plan on calling Consumers Union tomorrow to see if they are aware of any class action suits on this issue, or at least get some guidance. You may want to do the same. The number is 914-378-2000. We have finally received a master board (only after UPS mis-routed it). I was able to schedule a repairman. Now if it only works as well as it did before! I'm open to taking further action and will share what I learn if you want. We only have a chance if we develop a group of unhappy souls. As individuals they will just give us lip service. I can be reached at jscher5@comcast.net
Good luck.