• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Maytag MSD2758DR refrigerator water/ice light on, no water or ice dispenced

dlogvine

Premium Member
Model Number
MSD2758DR
Brand
Maytag
This refrigerator was having minor problems with dispensing water and ice before, the opening was getting clogged with ice and there was some frozen ice buildup on the surfaces of the dispenser. This morning I tried to get some ice and it was clogged again. After cleaning the ice the light on the dispenser stayed on and the water and ice stopped coming. I dumped the remaining ice from freezer, cleaned up all the surfaces, but the problem remained. Also the light was shutting off once I opened the freezer door. So I took apart the front panel, checked out all the connections, visually looked at the electronic modules for the burned parts, cleaned and dried up the switch (the one that was turning on be the push of the glass or water container). Nothing changed. The front panel lights and mode switch works at least visually the modes (Ice/crushed ice/water) are changing. But no ice and no water dispensing. Any ideas as to what could cause this? Im pretty sure the cause would be something petty simple, but Im lost at what this could be. Thank you.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Its likely your dispenser board thats bad.

They make 2 different ones depending upon the first 2 numbers in your serial#.

This link shows you how to access it: http://www.applianceaid.com/image/el...-dispensor.JPG

If your refrigerator serial# starts with 13 or lower you need this one:
Manufacturer's Number: 61005002

If your refrigerator serial# starts with 14 of higher you need this one:
WP61005274 Board, Control

But we did have one member report this:
I got the problem fixed. It wasn't the dispenser control board. All I had to do to get the light to go out was to clean out the ice shoot. Ice had collected in both the shoot on the door and also in the little opening in the slide out ice tray.

I used some hot water and poured it into the ice shoot till that was completely free. I then dried that part with a paper towel. I then took the ice tray out, dumped out the ice, and then I ran hot was into the tray and let it run out through the bottom opening that empties into the ice shoot. That was just about frozen shut with ice.

Once all of the ice was gone I made sure that the ice auger was spinning free. I then put the ice tray back into the freezer and shut the door. It was only then that the dispenser light went out.

Now everything seems to be working ok. I guess the dispenser light staying on was some type of warning sign that there was a problem and that something wasn't working correctly.
Try that first before ordering a new dispenser board.

Jake

dlogvine

Premium Member
Thank you. Strange thing, I did take apart the front panel and disconnected the dispenser board, all with no result. But today, as soon as I ordered the replacement board, we had a power outage and as soon as the power came back on, the water/ice dispenser started working. Guess it needed a power reset.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds good.:)

Thanks for the update!

Jake