Maytag MSD2758GEQ Fridge side not cooling

relentless

Model Number
MSD2758GEQ
Brand
Maytag
I have a Maytag Plus MSD2758GEQ Side by side fridge and last night the fridge side stopped cooling. It has the climate controlled drawers in the bottom that have the buttons for meat and veggies and displays the temp in the drawer. Those seem to be working because the display on the meat drawer says its 31 degrees but inside the fridge it says its 60 degrees. I have tried to do some research before posting this question, but could this be the adaptive frost control board going bad? I do not feel any cool air coming from the top styrofoam vents and the freezer is working correctly. However if you look directy behind the ice bin i can see frost. Im just trying to see if ordering that board is going to fix this issue or is it something else major. I bought this fridge about 5 years ago used from a Maytag repair man that was going out of business.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Yes, you'll need to remove everything from your freezer first.

Then first check your defrost thermostat and heater.

Remove the back panel from inside the freezer, its #20 and see if the evaporator coils #8 are massively frosted up.

If so Ohm your defrost thermostat for continuity while its still frosty to get a proper reading, should read 0-1 ohm. If the defrost thermostat is not frosty when you ohm it, you will get a high reading.

Here's the defrost thermostat heater assembly for your model:
Manufacturer part number 61006199 is RepairClinic item number 1025806

Put your ohm meter probes in the 2 white wire plastic connections, remember it has to be still frosty for a proper reading. Should read 0 ohms.

Then put your ohm meter probes in the black and middle white wire plastic connections, that will ohm your defrost heater, should read between 11-50 ohms.

Unplug your refrigerator first!

If the defrost thermostat ohms at 0-1 while its frosty, and the defrost heater is between 11-50 ohms then order the adaptive defrost control board.

Here's the adaptive defrost control board for your model you can order here:
Manufacturer part number 61005988 is RepairClinic item number 948430

Jake