• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Maytag MVWB835DW3 Maytag Washer Will Not Power Up

johnchad

Premium Member
Model Number
MVWB835DW3
Brand
Maytag
Tried to do a load of laundry yesterday and when I tried to turn the washing machine on, it did not power up. I have checked the circuit breaker and wall outlet and all is correct. I disconnected the washer from the outlet, and after a time plugged it back in with no change. Washer will not power on. I have removed the console to expose the control unit and the control panel - I observed no indications of an electrical short, i.e. burn marks. I have checked several websites, but none address our specific model of Maytag Bravos XL MCT washing machine. Can you provide me with any trouble shooting guidance as both units are sealed and rather expensive to replace with knowing that that will correct the problem. Thanks in advance

johnchad

Premium Member
Downloaded service manual and troubleshoot the washer following the manual's procedures using a digital multimeter - found the fault to be the user interface panel - nothing like replacing a $400+ part on a machine that's less than 3 years old - another unserviceable FRED (freaking ridiculous electronic device)

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi John,

I own this same model, and I didn't need to order the console assembly(User Interface Panel), I fixed those small thin wires from the User Interface Panel to Control Board, some were pinched and frayed. Its running great now for over a year.

Here's the Console Assembly(User Interface Panel) for your model: W11112656

I'm attaching the tech. data sheet for this model below.

Jake

Attachments

• W10607408 - Rev F.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 58

johnchad

Premium Member
Jake - Thanks - I checked the harnesses and all were in good order so thats why I ordered the replacement part. Trust me when I say that if it had been a bad wire I would have fixed that first - Appreciate the feedback - Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok John, then yes, if the thin wires are fine on yours then you will need the Console Assembly.

Let us know how it goes after you replace it.

Jake