Maytag MVWC425BW0 don’t getting out of sense

KevinGwin

Premium Member
Model Number
MVWC425BW0
Brand
Maytag
Maytag Centennial won’t get out of sensing mode. Replaced the actuator and ran calibration mode and it looks like it’s moving and working. Ran diagnosis and the main codes (F7E5 and F7E6) also and F7E1... they are pointing at the clutch failure or drive motor. When I run it through a cycle the actuator moves and clicks, and when the motor spins it’s for a very brief moment. This tells me the clutch is disengaging and the motor works. Not a master mechanic, never fixed one of these but I’m thinking the capacitor isn’t giving it enough power to kick over?? Please help

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Kevin,

Here's the tech. data sheet for your model: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1psVH4VJFVWLEFo_Kf8Dwp9OlD8vPDuVG

Go into the ACTIVATING THE SERVICE DIAGNOSTIC TEST MODES on Page 2, and do the MANUAL TEST MODE on Page 4, to see if all the components are working properly when they are activated on Page 9.

Let us know.

Jake

KevinGwin

Premium Member
I get lids lock, cold valve, hot valve and drain to function. Everything else all the lights blink....

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Kevin,

So you got NO motor movement(even for a very brief moment) in the Gentle agitation and Heavy agitation, Low spin and High spin? Did you have the lid lock enabled when you did those tests?

--->If motor does not agitate, go to TEST #3a & 3b: Drive System (Shifter & Motor), pages 13 & 14.

--->If motor does not spin, go to TEST #3a & 3b: Drive System (Shifter & Motor), pages 13 & 14.

Yes, I'd first test the capacitor.

Here's the capacitor for your model:
W11158831 Capacitor

Watch the video: Capacitor Test Video to ohm test your capacitor. Unplug the washer first.

Here's a bulletin on that F7E1 error code: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9xcry5ds5awwnv3/Service%20Pointer%20-%20W10606242%20%28Basket%20Speed%20Sensor%20Fault%29.pdf?dl=0 Also check for any cracked/frayed/broken wires.

Let us know what you find.

Jake

KevinGwin

Premium Member
I took the capacitor into work yesterday where we have nice multimeters and was reading like 49.6 microFarads which is well within the +/- 5% of 50 listed on it so assumed it’s good. I get no motor movement at all in any of those manual tests. The Shift actuator is brand new and I can see it “shifting” during the diagnostic test when I lift the machine up an inch to see... guess it’s time to pull my multimeter out and see what I can find

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes Kevin,

Do the TEST #3a & 3b: Drive System (Shifter & Motor), pages 13 & 14. That's the only way to find out the bad part.:)

Jake

KevinGwin

Premium Member
I’m trying. When it tells me to put it in certain manual modes and look for VAC at the pin connections on J16, During the 3a test I never get 120VAC at J16-2 and J16-1. Likewise in the 3b test I never get 120VAC at J16-5 to J16-6(CW) or the CCW winding when I try to do a gentile agitation test in manual. Does this coincide with my early LED readings that the circuit board is simply bad and not sending signals for spin or agitate?

KevinGwin

Premium Member
Also under the manual test I get NO motor movement and immediate blinking of all the lights when I go to run the spins or agitation cycles....

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member