Maytag MVWC565FW0 Noise during spin cycle

Chanlesa

Premium Member
Model Number
MVWC565FW0
Brand
Maytag
Maytag MVWC565FW0 is around two years old and is making a horrible noise during the spin cycle. I found out how to run the washer in diagnostic test mode, and all functions are normal except for spin.

When it gets to spin there is a terrible racket that reminds me of gears clashing. From what I have been able to find on the internet, I believe my problem is the splutch cam kit.

I am not in the business, just a home owner trying to save some money. I am ready to order the part and replace the splutch cam kit. Any advice or comments will be appreciated.

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

Hope this helps...

Clutch-W10721967--04610919.jpg Drive Splutch Kit

[video=youtube_share;TaNJ4CArjLo]https://youtu.be/TaNJ4CArjLo[/video]

Might be a good idea to record the noise and let them here have a listen.

jeff.

jeff1

Staff member
I will try to remember to listen on the work computer tomorrow.

jeff.

Chanlesa

Premium Member
I was taking the splutch pulley off. I removed the cover, removed the belt and the pulley fell off. There was no nut holding it on. The threaded shaft looked to be around 5/16 in, but that could also be 8mm. So, I went to hardware store and bought a 5/16 nut and a 8mm nut. One of them did fit and I tightened it up, put the belt and cover back on. Then I ran the manual test mode for low and high spin. It didn't spin very long but the noise is gone. I think the washer will work now, but I will test it tomorrow to see. The washer did work for about two years so if the missing nut was the culprit it must have fallen off sometime.

jeff1

Staff member
Some lock tight might also be a good idea on the threads.
Thankx for the update. :)

jeff.