Maytag Neptune MAH4000

jennydavis

Premium Member
Model Number
MAH4000
Brand
Maytag
Hello - I know there have been so many many questions about the Neptunes but I have some more :(

I was part of the class action lawsuit and had all the replacements needed. Door seal, door latch, wax motor, control board and possibly something else. I was without a washer for about 6 months total. Now a year and a half later my washer has gone crazy again.

It just started unlocking during the cycle and flooding my home. It will not start at the beginning of the cycle now. I had to put it on rinse to drain the water and also shut off water to it so it would not continue to fill the washer and flood my home since the door won't stay closed. I found out the hard way by letting it flood it once again after trying to spin out the clothes. It did spin the clothes out though after shutting the water supply off and starting it on rinse. Can you please help me to make sense of this? Could the wax motor have gone bad again? Could it be the control board again???:confused:

Thanks so much for your time. I have 4 kids and do a lot of laundry. :eek:

Last edited:

jennydavis

Premium Member
Update on my washer

I read some about checking the control board and did it. The R11 is not burned out and everything looks fine on this board.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Well, I rarely say this but, why don't you cut you loses and aggravation and just buy a new washer.:)

These early Neptune's were a disaster.

You can get a regular top load washer brand new for $300-$400. Its likely you will need a motor conversion kit, which is about another $200, not to mention your rear tub bearing is wearing, seems senseless to keep fixing this one.

Jake

Last edited: