Maytag Neptune MAH9700AWW Opinions

Mikeske

Premium Member
Hi, I am new here and I am asking your opinion on this washer the Maytag Neptune MAH9700AWW. We got one heavily discounted one at the local appliance store that was a sctrach and dent (one minor dent on the lower left side of the machine) We paid $450.00 for the washer and the matching dryer was for $250.00 (also a minor dent on the front cabinet)

My wife and I finally had to go and get a new washer and dryer after 26 years of faithful service from our Magic Chef washer that had a bad transmission, it puked all its oil out on the floor and left a big mess and seized up and damaged several other items. I found it was not cost effective to repair it as it was on its last legs.

Since I am to busy with my job I also bought a Extended service plan for $149 each on both the washer and dryer which has part and labor out to 5 years.

My first impression was very good and we have experimented with the various settings.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, it sounds like you got a good deal, that model Maytag is very good.

Jake

Mikeske

Premium Member
Yes, it sounds like you got a good deal, that model Maytag is very good.

Jake

Well thats nice to hear but today I heard that my washer is one that is recalled for a problem with water leakage on the heater. I went to CPSC website and they referred me to the Samsung website to get a GFCI that is available for the washer. See this website

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml07/07135.html

I never get to bothered by recalls after working as a vehicle and aircraft mechanic for the last 33 years.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, I saw this, I haven't run into anyone here in our local with this issue yet, but other techs. may have.

Jake

Mikeske

Premium Member
The reason I am not to bothered is the fact that according to the recall infomation that it has only affected a few units out of 270,000 units. To me it maybe just going for a added bit of safety that probably will never be needed. But I WILL USE THE GFCI just the same.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yup, thats true.:)

Jake

Mikeske

Premium Member
My wife tonight mentioned something that hit me as funny and that is the warning about the machine when we bought it. We live in a manufactored home and that the machine may vibrate a bit more then our old one. She said that the machine doesn't vibrate.

She was doing a load and the machine went into the final spin and it was at least 10 times quieter and did not vibrate a tenth as much as what the old Magic Chef did on final spin.

I had made sure that the installer leveled the machine and then I took out my level and rechecked it again after he left, it was perfectly level and we did not get a pedistal for it because my wife is short (4' 10") and did want it but I am really tall (6' 7") so I have to really bend over to look in on it or stand a good ways away to in.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds good, quite abit of difference in her height and yours.:)

My GE front loader I bought a few months ago doesn't vibrate hardly at all either, and I'm in a manufactured home as well.:)

Jake

Mikeske

Premium Member
My wife is a Filipina and I big old goofy German, I am thinking that leveling is very important in this style machine and I will periodically check for level as the machine gets settled in.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds good Mike.:)

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes Terry, I just realized I said that after re-reading this thread. wow, I must of had a brain fart that day.

I officially take that back.

Jake

Mikeske

Premium Member
This thread is over three years old and we have NEVER had a issue with the washing machine or the dryer. We are doing eight to ten loads a week and the washer and dryer are still running perfect like the day we bought them. I do not really consider them Maytags but Samsungs.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
wow, thats great. Thats very weird why some break so often and others not.

Jake