• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Maytag Neptune MLE2000AYW not fully draining

yarai921

Premium Member
Model Number
MLE2000AYW
Brand
Maytag
Maytag Neptune stackable MLE2000AYW, front load washer has a little water left in the tub after a cycle. It is not visible but you can hear it when you rotate the tub. It seems like it could be 1-2 gallons. After running multiple cycles it does not seem to increase the amount of water and there has not been standing water visible in the tub yet.

I wasn't sure if this is normal but the tenant said it is starting to smell like mildew so i checked it out thinking it could be a clog.

When pressing on the drain tube it does not seem to have much if any water in it. I want to check for a clog but having a hard time figuring out how to drain the tub. I wanted to vacuum the water out first but I don't see how to get into the tub without completely dissembling the whole thing.

Attached are some photos of the area.

Not sure how best to proceed.

Attachments

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's not water you are hearing, that's a balancing liquid they use in the tub, so that's normal.

You need to leave the door open on these models when they are not in use, to air out and not get mold build-up on the rubber door boot.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Your welcome.:)

Jake